[TowerTalk] Hy Gain Element to Boom Clamp conversion

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy Gain Element to Boom Clamp conversion
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 06:47:05 -0400
I am currently rebuilding my six meter six element beam and would like to use Hygain element to boom clamps. Are there any standard conversions for element length different to a standard u-bolt or insulated top mounted element clamp? I believe you are required to add the boom diameter to the overall element length but is there any other consideration as a genera rule? The Hy-gain clamps seem to be considerably more durable for yagi construction than drilling a hole through the element and thus creating a weak point.

Please let me know.  Thanks

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ