To: towertalk@contesting.com, n2icarrl@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 137, Issue 79
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
>  Does any one have the brand and product number of a UV  resistant wire
tie, proven to last many years ?

>  I have used many so-called UV resistant ties that are  junk. OTOH, the
wire ties provided by M2 with my 6 year old 40M4LLDD have  held up very
well, despite the UV-rich environment here in NM.

Hiya, Steve --

     I'm sorry I don't have a brand name but the best  ones are the ones
the pros use and generally aren't available at your hardware  store. T&B
(Thomas & Betts) comes to mind. Also, the pro versions are  bigger and thicker
which would give them longer service life. Check the internet  for industrial
suppliers.

    The best thing to do is to cover your tie wrap with  a wrap of
electrical tape. That way, the tape gets all the degradation and  protects the
tie
wrap - your basic belt-and-suspenders approach. A little more  work but they
should last for many years using this technique.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH