Re: [TowerTalk] first post

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] first post
From: Bruce <kk5do@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:40:27 -0500
Thanks to everyone that responded. I might be getting ahead of myself as we have not even decided on which property to purchase yet. Let me decide on that, I guess I am just excited that there are no deed restrictions, the town has no enforcement and the county only cares about buildings. What could be better? I have had an MA-40 crank up that I purchased used in 1994 and it has been working great all these years. I even bought the Ham IV from the guy with the tower and it is still working. Might be nice for a second array. XYL would not care about concrete in the ground, not a problem, makes less grass for me to mow. When we decide on the property I will get back to the list. My antennas and crank up tower have gone through 2 hurricanes with no problems. Well, my 40m dipole on the C4 is not working for some reason, but that I think might be a coax problem.

As some have said, do I have the rotating space, not sure yet or space for the guys. Do I want the tower so it falls completely on my property? Will see. That's one reason I get million dollar umbrella insurance on my policies so that if something really stupid happens it covers over my regular insurance limits. Would not want to slice a neighbors house in half.

73...bruce

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT Director Contests and Awards ARRL Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on Echolink - Conference *AMSAT*

AMSAT on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amsat