Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jlangdon1@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:35:36 -0400 (EDT)
>  I am not blessed with high ground conductivity,  though.  I am still
looking
for that gently sloping hill of salt  water!

    Aren't we all? Hi. W7RM, a pioneering multi, multi  contest station (on
a bluff above NaClH2O) claimed the saltwater was worth 10  dB. Know what?
He's probably right. It's like magic. That's why many of those  Caribbean
stations are loud.

    Another station with a similar pedigree was  NP4A  whose station was on
top of a mountain of copper. And he was LOUD.  It's nice to dream.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC