Re: [TowerTalk] Tower cost estimate?

To: "k1ttt@arrl.net" <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower cost estimate?
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:48:38 +0000
I disagree, a bit: The original question was "self supporting" and "55 to 60
feet."

Neither of the Rohn G series towers are self supporting at 55 or 60 feet,
although the 45G might do it better, if well anchored and installed.

Self-supporting "affordable" towers are almost always tapered, with a larger
base and a smaller top.  A Rohn HBX56 is self-supporting and 56' tall and
should handle this task just fine.

-WB2WIK