Re: [TowerTalk] Tower cost estimate?

To: "Stan Labinsky Jr." <K2STN@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower cost estimate?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:45:59 -0400
Hi, Stan,

This is going to be variable based on where your live (wind code,
engineering and permitting) and what the antenna wind load is.

For example, here is a self standing 45' 45G kit:
http://www.3starinc.com/rohn_45g_45_foot_self_supporting_tower_r-45ss045.html.
Look at the bottom of the page for a table of towers, wind speed and wind
loads. This is the tallest unguyed 45G that the manufacturer specifies.

$1700 + shipping, maybe another $800.

Figure an additional $1,000, at least, for engineering, permitting and
construction costs. It goes up from there, but it appears that your QTH is
pretty far inland, so you might be .

So, ballpark as a low estimate if you do everything yourself, $3500. Before
I did any research, I guessed $5k. You might be able to get in for less.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Stan Labinsky Jr. <K2STN@frontier.com>
wrote:

> Hi all, I need to get a rough estimate of what it would cost to install a
> ground mounted, self supporting 55 to 60 foot tower, supporting a 6 meter
> ground plane.
>
> Cost would include... say a run of LMR400 with proper tower and cable
> grounding and an entrance panel.  Would Rohn45 be up to that task?
>
> Location; up in the hills of northern New Jersey.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Stan

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.