[TowerTalk] FW: Tower Foundation Pad Removal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Tower Foundation Pad Removal
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:06:55 -0500
>> Any reason not to consider this as a possible plan for the new tower
foundation?

This can be done with a relatively small piece of equipment if you can get
close enough to the foundation.  I have seen underground concrete thrust
blocks used on large piping systems successfully removed in this manner.
The thrust blocks were substantially larger than your tower foundation.  It
did require some pre-excavation which could be an issue if you need to place
concrete back against un-disturbed soil.

>>  Do you tie the tower and the rebar into a ground connection at the
bottom of the foundation?

At risk of restarting an ongoing debate...  my understand is do not tie the
your rebar into the ground system unless you are intending to build a UFER
grounded foundation.   At risk of restarting another debate...  do maintain
at least 3" concrete cover over your rebar unless you are using non-metallic
rebar.

Good luck on your project.

Matt
KM5VI