[TowerTalk] Damaged G-1000 - Worth Repairing?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Damaged G-1000 - Worth Repairing?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 19:50:54 -0400
All:

I recently took apart my Yaesu G-1000 rotor that suffered mechanical damage to see which parts failed. I was surprised that it lasted several years spinning a 5 element 20 meter mono band Yagi and a 3 element SteppIR. I replaced it with a G-2800 after it failed.

The only damage to the rotor was to the cast housing that holds the planetary gears in place. It had cracked and jammed the rotor so it couldn't spin. The gear teeth look fine and the motor still works so it would be worth fixing.

Anyone have this type of failure? Any ideas were one can find a parts price list?

Tony -K2MO

PS: I have a photo of the damaged part if anyone would like to see it.