Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Guy anchors in shallow soil

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Guy anchors in shallow soil
From: Linux Mercedes <linuxmercedes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:55:01 -0500
Wow, my soil is a lot harder than that. Dad and I tried to put them in like you and other hams have described, but it proved to be pretty difficult. Instead, we did it where one person put torque on the anchor with the breaker bar, and then the other person hit the anchor with the sledgehammer, allowing it to twist a few degrees. I think we put an hour or so into one anchor and got it maybe halfway in.