Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ repairs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ repairs
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:05:17 -0700
On Mon,9/1/2014 10:44 AM, David Gilbert wrote:
MFJ has many satisfied customers ... some of whom value price above all else, some who simply don't need anything better, and some who got lucky.

Or those who don't know enough that what they bought doesn't work right. I've seen many product reviews saying that MFJ build quality of antennas designed by companies they acquired was significantly inferior to the original designs, and there was enough detail in the reviews to make it clear that the reviewer know what he was talking about. Reports of cold (or missing) solder joints are common.

As someone who has made a living in technical sales, I see another negative to their operation -- they pollute the market for products of moderate cost but better quality. That makes it that much more difficult for a company to enter the market with a competing product, when what APPEARS to be an equivalent is heavily advertised at a much lower cost.

73, Jim K9YC