Re: [TowerTalk] planes and towers

To: "Roger \(K8RI\) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] planes and towers
From: "Gary - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:43:52 -0500
Thanks Roger for the explanation / correction regarding the Altimeter deviation. It been a few years since I received the FAA explanation of why encroaching or approaching within 200 feet of the free circling plate would require lowering the tower or antenna (in our case we could not reduce the building height sixty feet) or how the altimeter correction applied. I cannot fathom how a building 200 feet AGL and just off the west end of the primary (at that time) E-W runway 4 blocks to the west of the airport and 3 blocks off the approach path could not be reported / noticed by pilots or the CIRA airport manager for twenty-five years! But my actions did result in raising the free circling plate, we got our FCC license and FAA site license too.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Roger (K8RI) on TT