Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:55:44 -0400
Back in the 80s and the 90s I free-climbed many times too.   One day after
reaching the top at 165 feet I decided to lean back from the tower  to begin
my work.  Only problem was I hadn't put the belt around the  tower.  My
mind did a self check and right before I let go, I didn't.   I quickly put my
belt around the tower and actually shook for a while, thinking  how close I
had become to being a silent key.

Wearing a seat belt has been rather useless over the years  too.  I've
never been in an accident where I needed it.  But, you only  need to use it one
time to save your life.

Belt up guys!

K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 9/23/2014 1:38:39 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,