Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?

To: "Cox, Norman R." <nrc@mst.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?
From: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 11:45:08 -0500
Norm--
Be cautious about your assumptions. The direction of the strongest winds does not correlate closely with the direction of the storm path. I one did a study for a Rocket test site, (over 30 years ago) that showed (for that site) that the strongest sustained wind was almost 90 degrees from the storm path. The strongest winds are the result of rotation, not path.
You might consult your local Weather office for help.
Bill--W4BSG

-----Original Message----- From: Cox, Norman R.