Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 won't go down

To: ko7ss@yahoo.com, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 won't go down
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 13:04:39 -0700
For future reference:

1.  First test the tower using the local
controls, without wiring in the control box.

2.  Then wire in the control box and test that.

Incorrectly or incompletely connecting the
control box will cause the tower not to work
in either local or remote mode.

How to save $1000:  just remote the toggle switch
on the top of the big metal box using a 3 conductor
cable.  WATCH the tower go up and down instead of
relying on limit switches and indicator lights.
ADD a power disconnect switch in case the relay sticks.
BE NEAR the disconnect in case you need to use it.

Rick N6RK