Re: [TowerTalk] tower painting

To: "Wayne Kline" <w3ea@hotmail.com>, <foxbw@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower painting
From: "Dan Cisson" <n4gnr@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:37:26 -0400
Its true, to start at the top of the tower, and what I did was paint the international orange one day, and 2 days later paint the white....most towers are 7 equal bands of color,, starting in international orange at the tower base,, and ending in orange at the top,, 3 bands of white in between. One very interesting thing, I am sure that others that have painted a lot have had this happen---when a radio station has FM bays at the top,, and they go down to their low power level,, when working in that RF field around the bays,,everything metallic gets warm or hot that you have on you...the paint bucket handle,, your belt buckle, zipper, safety belt parts,, I had a pocket knife in my pocket-it got warm. I painted with a mitt just as some others have said...It takes a couple days typically to get a tower prepped and ready to paint ....73,, Dan N4GNR

-----Original Message----- From: Wayne Kline