[TowerTalk] 100ft mobile on 160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 100ft mobile on 160
From: "John E Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:37:06 -0000
Good morning,

I have a 100ft galvanised mobile mast by Radio Structures in the UK, the
mast has not been used for quite a while and its potential is being wasted.
I am considering its use as a "parked" top loaded vertical radiator for 160
metres, raising the mast to full height when required. The principles of
shunt feed etc. as applied to a fixed mast are well documented in the
handbooks, but a telescopic, lattice structure, with all the associated
mechanical variables may pose different electrical and continuity problems.
I would be grateful for the views of the group.

Sincerely, John G3JVC / GM3JVC.