Re: [TowerTalk] Adhesive lined heat shrink for connectors

To: "Towertalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adhesive lined heat shrink for connectors
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 08:36:42 -0800
Another place to look for the flooded or adhesive lined heat shrink is ship and fishing fleet outfitters. We purchased our heat shrink at Englund Marine (who have stores/rigging shops at several fishing fleet ports in CA, WA and OR) at pricing well below what the 'electronics' houses had posted/available. Dual wall, high shrink ratio and in any color we wanted as long as we wanted black. Shrunk tight on the UHF connectors and RG-213.

If you live near a salt sea ship/fishing fleet port these outfitters also typically carry lots of other 'stuff' useful to the ham community, and in particular stainless steel hardware, fixtures, tubing, cable, corrosion and washout blocking greases, etc. Many also may have qualified riggers who can proficently create high quality replacement crankup tower cables (where our HG-70HD cable replacements came from), including in SS.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Tom LeClerc W1TJL