Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:57:06 -0800
On Wed,11/19/2014 9:51 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Bringing a small generator up the tower is an interesting idea. The
voltage drop from long extension cords really kills the heat. The Honda
EU1000i weighs only 30 pounds and it will run for longer than 5 minutes.

That's what I like about you, John -- a very practical guy! How would you like to coordinate our next Field Day?

For those not capable of doing the arithmetic, the voltage drop in several hundred feet of extension cord for a 50W soldering iron is pretty small.

73, Jim K9YC