Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas/Tennadyne Log periodics

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas/Tennadyne Log periodics
From: "Paul Veal M.Ed N0AH" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:58:13 -0700

When speaking of 5 bands, I have used the Tennadyne T-8 log periodic for years using it on a 20 foot Glen Martin tower on the roof-

The T8 is an amazing antenna. Always a bit awkward to speak about one's station, but for discussion sake, using ClubLog stat's, running the TS-590S and 100 watts, our station had the highest number of 10M contacts in CONUS in 2013. Running 100 watts into the T8- Also in 2013, our station placed very high in 12 meters, and decent showings in 15/17/20 meters. Everyone complains about the high SWR's with these antennas, but they work exceptionally well. The T-8 is on an 18 foot boom. I had been using trapped tribanders but gave up on them with wet trap issues, etc......also, the wet skin effect on a log periodic goes unnoticed- This always drove me upside downs using the trapped tribanders-

Bryon "Paul" Veal M.Ed
Assistant Director - ARRL Rocky Mountain Division
STEM School and Academy AB0BX Amateur Radio Club Trustee
U.S. Amateur Radio Call Sign- N0AH
n0ah@arrl.net or bryonveal@msn.com
text 303.703.8448
-----Original Message----- From: Jim Brown