Re: [TowerTalk] correction......Tennadyne Log periodics

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] correction......Tennadyne Log periodics
From: "Paul Veal M.Ed N0AH" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:29:45 -0700

oppss-- I knew I should kept my pen silent on 2013 Clublog results-sorry, using the T-8, on 10M, we tied for 3rd in CONUS for number of DXCC's worked-, and first place NA in the CQ Marathon for SB on 10M- The T-8 retails for $1,450 per their website-

2013 Club Log STATS
10M- 206 DXCC's  tied 3rd place NA  First was N2BJ with 213 DXCC's reported-
12M  165 DXCC's  13th place NA
15M  205 DXCC's  tied 25th place NA
17M  164 DCXX's  Tied 32nd place NA
20M 175 DXCC's Tied 85th NA

I know we all have different ways of quantifying results......but I find ClubLog does a pretty good job of capturing a year's worth of DXCC's worked- I tried as hard on 20 as on 10M, I just don't think with conditions the past couple of years, having or not having an amp on 10M didn't make much of a difference as it did on 20M for example-

The drawback of the T8 is boom weight....................but we really have enjoyed it- If anyone has compared like antennas against a T8, it would interesting to see the results-

Bryon "Paul" Veal M.Ed
Assistant Director - ARRL Rocky Mountain Division
STEM School and Academy AB0BX Amateur Radio Club Trustee
U.S. Amateur Radio Call Sign- N0AH
n0ah@arrl.net or bryonveal@msn.com
text 303.703.8448