Re: [TowerTalk] correction......Tennadyne Log periodics

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] correction......Tennadyne Log periodics
From: "Paul Veal M.Ed N0AH" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:36:25 -0700
ClubLog is a small sample full of variables and know for science, rules it invalid- , but it does include a lot of operators around the world reporting their results- I am very open to hearing what other means there are to rate antennas...................E-Ham is rather subjective, but with enough reports, even that sample size has relevance- If I compare my 2013 DX results with others who are competitive that year, like many ops on ClubLog, or in the CQ Marathon, at least the playing field is more level for referencing the antenna performance, engineering of the station, etc.........that’s all I am suggesting.....it is better to have something than nothing when performance of an antennas in a certain class are discussed- And since antennas are the major component of any station, I'm not saying I did great over the coax I used- hihi The Tennadyne log periodic simply get very little mention anytime someone asks about a small to medium size 5 band antenna......I used the T6 on a 14 foot boom and it worked great- but that was back in the late 1990's...now I have some kind of dtat to compare to, I can see that the Tennadyne T-8 holds it own-

Bryon "Paul" Veal M.Ed
Assistant Director - ARRL Rocky Mountain Division
STEM School and Academy AB0BX Amateur Radio Club Trustee
U.S. Amateur Radio Call Sign- N0AH
n0ah@arrl.net or bryonveal@msn.com
text 303.703.8448
-----Original Message----- From: john@kk9a.com