Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loss. Has anybody measured it ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax loss. Has anybody measured it ?
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:08:01 -0500
I routinely measure at the back of the amp and as close to the antenna as is easily possible. I don't usually climb the towers but measure at the base of the tower knowing that there is additional loss going up the tower. Formulas are interesting but actually measuring is more enlightening and accounts for all the connectors, switches, etc. I usually use the highest antenna frequency for the measurement. It can be depressing.

73, Larry  W6NWS
-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson