[TowerTalk] Balun for Quad

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun for Quad
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 05:34:29 -0800
## http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/baluns.htmScroll down till u see the
quad balun. Small nema box,good for 5 kw. Jim  VE7RF I hope everyone is not
burned out on the balun thread.  I am planning to
resurrect my 4 element triband quad.  It will be in the "diamond"
configuration and fed at the bottom spreader.  Obviously I need the
smallest, lightest balun I can get.  I have used the "DU" long commercial
baluns in the past, but I am wondering if I can just wind a balun
transformer on a core and be much lighter and less wind resistance?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Chuck W5PR