Re: [TowerTalk] north

To: "Don" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] north
From: charlie@thegallos.com
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 15:32:44 -0500
...snip...
> I've obviously missed earlier discussion on the owl. I see a few refs to
> N.
> What am I missing?

For those of us with a problem with birds perching on out antennas (what
is the max load of pigeons on a D-140?  Anyone know?) it was suggested
that we put a plastic owl on our masts, but most have found it doesn't
work.  Which lead to the discussion that the owl only works properly if it
points exactly towards true north.  Hence needing a true north facing owl.
 Of course, the way you do this is with a wench holding a wrench (folks
asking about a tower WINCH, but making the two most common typos)