Re: [TowerTalk] Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.
From: Paul Braiman <braimanbiz@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 22:39:50 -0800
Hi Patrick-

Have you considered Tashjian Towers? I’m finishing up on the installation of an
LM-354HDSP; a motorized crackup/tiltover tower. Can withstand 28 ft^2 at 85 mph
for 3 sec (TIA Rev G), and supports up to 510 lbs. (I may be off a few lbs on
this…don’t have exact spec in front of me). It was not cheap, but installation
went reasonably fast and the quality is good (actually more than just good!).

I made this choice motivated by some of your reasons, survivability, load
bearing, and since I’m 59, can see a day where I’m going to want the antenna to
come down to me and not vice versa. If all goes well, a Steppir DB-18 will be
on top this coming Saturday.

Just my $0.02. :)

73s,

Paul Braiman, W2PIR