[TowerTalk] Fwd: 160 meter odditiy

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: 160 meter odditiy
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 23:44:26 -0500
I guess you have a larger end capacitor (also called "end effect") due to the
larger wire. That's the same reason your "half wave" dipole is slightly shorter
than half a wavelength. The thicker the wire, the shorter the dipole. That's
why you have resonance at a lower frequency as you made the antenna with a
heavier/thicker wire..

Hans - N2JFS