Re: [TowerTalk] Now THIS is a tower climb!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Now THIS is a tower climb!
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:06:56 -0500
Physically beyond 30 or 40 feet it is no different except for the size of the mess, but Physiologically it's a tremendously different aspect.

Think of it this way, you might even have time to put on clean shorts before you hit. Now, doesn't that help? OTOH you may not even think of clean shorts while you are busy soiling the ones you have on...or you have just quit caring.

Heights never bothered me whether climbing towers, flying airplanes, or doing aerobatics, but near the edge of a roof? Whoa Nellie! That's scary. I can feel something trying to pull me over. I remember installing TV antennas. One was on a 3 story house with a steep pitched roof. I started sliding and stopped with the toes of my boots in the eves trough. (fingernails were a lot shorter than when I started!)

73

Roger (K8RI)