Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G tower permitting

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G tower permitting
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 14:40:40 -0500
I went sailing a few years back with a fellow who had almost no sailing
experience, but he had enough money to buy a $200k+ sailboat. He recruited
me as "crew" on one of his first outings. We motored out, and he asked me
to help him raise sail. I was on the mast winch, raising the sail while it
was luffing - we were pointed into the wind. It quickly became apparent
that he had no idea how to "take a turn around a cleat" or to fasten the
lines in any way whatsoever. Since I grew up on a farm and
rope/twine/string were a part of my eveyday life, I believed everyone could
tie a knot. But I found out otherwise, and still marvel at those who never
wear anything but loafers.

Here's a video someone sent me a while back. I knew how to tie each of
these knots. Watch this video a few times and practice and you will, too!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/06/24/7-basic-knots-every-man-should-know/

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:31 PM, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <
towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:

> >   I'm very poor at tying knots.  N8ERF just  shakes his head after
> looking at my knot tying skill. <LO>
>
>     QSL that. I typically work on a tower with the  station owner being the
> ground crew. Apparently knot tying is a lost art.  Sometimes when I have
> something sent up from the ground crew, what I get for a  knot is a wad of
> rope.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve     K7LXC
> TOWER TECH -
> Professional tower services for amateurs

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.