Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:17:23 -0500
To: towertalk@contesting.com

On 2/12/2015 9:58 AM, bcarling@cfl.rr.com wrote:
You do know that 30' of 25G unguyed will support only a very small
antenna and is dangerous to climb without temporary guys of sufficient
strength?
Roger (K8RI)
And I write:
Roger
30' and temporary guys ?!?
I'm wondering if tower specs and construction have changed in the past 45 years.
The reason I say this is bcuz back around 1970, when I was about 20, I put up
50 feet of freestanding R25 and hung a TH-3 for a WB8 friend in SW Ohio. It was
up for prolly 5 years until he died and I removed and sold it for his widow.
While it was up there were the usual midwest storms and it stood proudly.
Would I do that again ?
YES, I would.

RogerK
KC8HZ formerly WB8GIW

Lawyers are the worst thing to happen to this country in the last hundred years.
As Shakespeare said, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

The next thing we have to do is kill all the politicixxxxx.  Oops. They'd be
dead already since they are all lawyers....

WHEN is the revolution scheduled to start ?