Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations

To: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations
From: BC <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 1:31:47 +0000
Constant winds? No we only had hurricanes come through here one year in 60 years
We don't get a lot of wind actually. Still I would rather be safe than sorry!
If we get 139 mph gusts a lot more will be moving out of place - like the fancy
copper plated tin roofs
that peeled off a fairly new college building near us when the hirricanes did
come and I think we had no more than 95 - 105 mph winds. I am just guessing on
that speed but it was not pretty. Looked like crumpled aluminum foil.

We DO get a lot of sunshine and warm weather though (grin!)

Best regards - Brian Carling, AF4K