Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: David Gallatin <kc9eev@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:54:18 -0600
The point many Mosley supporters don't seem to understand is that from the
results of one antenna, you cannot derive any knowledge about whether it is
outperforming another yagi of comparable cost or dimensions.

A person who puts up a TH7 and uses it exclusively for ten years can proclaim
he was happy with the performance, but has no basis for proclaiming it would
have outperformed, say, a Skyhawk, JK Tribander, X7 or even a Pro57.

Someone who took down a TA 33 and replaced it with an A4s and notices an
improvement DOES have a basis for regretting buying the TA33, however.

An engineer and a tower expert who create a scientific plan for comparing
antennas and execute that plan do have a basis for saying that one brand of
antennas was inferior to competing, comparable models, as well.

The plural of anecdote is not data. Only by sound comparison can one say for
certain that spending $1,500 with Mosley is better than spending $1,500 with DX
Engineering or Hy-Gain or JK.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad