[TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 07:24:03 -0800
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:20:45 -0700
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

Tom,

You hit the nail on the head.  Nobody said that XXXXX doesn't work.  I
worked JA's on my Cantenna with 100 watts on 10m.  You can work people
on anything.  I didn't pull my tower over in favor of stacked cantennas
though....

People were saying there could be better options.  I know the C3's I
have worked much better than the TH7DXX.  Smaller, lighter etc... Do
they both work.  You bet.

Mike W0MU

##  A F-12 C3 is only 2 els on each band.   Imagine that, 2 full size els
outperforming
a TH7DXX...which has 3 els on each band, 4 on 10m, and a longer boom.

## This is all old news really.  2 els, full size, only has aprx 4.1 dbd gain.
So much for
traps.  A F-12 5ba  has 3 els on each band, and will make lunch meat  out of a
trapped  yagi.

##  Baffles me why M2  doesn’t make any multi-monbanders like F-12, optibeam,
and
jk ants.    Just thought of something else.  Putting a coil inside of an
aluminum cylinder
will decrease the inductance of any coil.   So now you need more turns to get
the same uh.
Wind small gauge AL wire onto  a grooved polystyrene form, encased by an AL
tube,
and  you now have the worse possible config for a coil.  Q of the coil would be
through the floor.
Try that on a tank coil in a linear to see the effect.

Jim  VE7RF