[TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589
From: J D Lambright <jdlambrightatty@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 23:13:28 -0600
Thank you very much to all that responded with a variety of ideas.  I had
already tried the come-a-long attached to a tree approach, but now I have
some new, interesting ideas.  I will try out one or more of them in the
next couple of days.

If you would like pictures of my motorized left mechanism, just drop me an
email.  It is modified from a US Tower heavy duty raising fixture using a 1
HP motor, a 50:1 ratio worm gear speed reducer (Model W300) from Hub City,
1/4" aircraft cable, etc.  It takes about 4 minutes to lift the tower from
a horizontal position. It works very smoothly and effortlessly.

J D Lambright
KF5U