Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:11:10 +0000 (UTC)
Manually pushing my tower to start it tilting is only slightly more difficult
than falling down.
Keep in mind that, how tough it is to get it started is dependent on the mass
and the distance between that mass and the hinge point. My TX472 tower
retracted is about 28 feet tall. Most of the mass on top is a F12 C-4XL yagi
and 15 feet of 2" OD x 1/4" THK steel mast. YMMV.
Of course, there's nothing to prevent one from making use of Archimedes and his
lever. :)
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC