Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:28:21 -0800
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:04:52 -0600
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Cc: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re:  SteppIR

Several have mentioned potential failure points for the SteppIR antennas. I
haven't heard about many failures. In fact, I can't think of any. There are a
fair number in us by now. How often are failures encountered?

Kim N5OP

##  How is the mech connection made.... between the balanced output of the 22
ohm xfmr.... to the  tape spool on each side ???
If brushes are used, that’s a wear item.   If the brushes and tape material
wear,  where does the ground off material go  / collect ?

Jim   VE7RF