Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum towers -- can you really "walk one up"?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum towers -- can you really "walk one up"?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 02:42:32 -0500

I've walked up a 40' 25G tower, with the rotator installed by my self.
5 of us walked up a 50 footer. This is a steel tower which is much heavier than the self supporting Aluminum tower so I'd think one person could do the 40' Aluminum tower with ease.

You didn't say "with antenna and rotator in place", so I'm assuming you are not doing this with a big antenna mounted.

73

Roger (K8RI)