Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [Bulk] Re: Fwd: Aluminum towers -- can you really "

To: Michael OBrien <k0myw@sbcglobal.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: [Bulk] Re: Fwd: Aluminum towers -- can you really "walk one up"?
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:13:27 -0400
The thread has morphed the globe,  and IMHO one person can walk up a 30' tower .
 I had a 29' R-25  with 7' 1 1/4 id mast 2mter Hustler G-6 at top  a KLM 8
element 440 FM  below
plus a BIG Archer TV antenna with a TR44 rotator...  up and down no problem.

As for the falling derrick  I presently have two  100'  R-25 hinged base (
modified from the two bolt ear to a 1/2 SS rod  barrel hinge. )   they each
have 46'  R-25 Derrick   poles... one is 5/5/5 15 meters and  other was a 3
element 40 now has XM240 .

Wayne  W3EA

PS   I walk up  each of my 4 HT-18  hi towers modified for 75/80 meters  Only
24' tower 46' stinger

67   6'2"