[TowerTalk] Mast froze in cold temps and would not turn

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast froze in cold temps and would not turn
From: "Gary Marks" <gmarks@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 00:17:42 -0400
This past Winter, and as the year before, my mast froze in place when the
temperatures dropped below freezing. I had previously thought that the problem
was moisture getting into the rotator (Tailtwister II) and since it had been up
for 25 years, I decided last Fall to rebuild it.
This past Winter it froze and would not turn again when temps dropped below
freezing. The tower is a Hy-Gain HD-70.

Is there some area that requires lubricating between the mast and tower or
possibly the thrust bearing although it is a bronze bearing that shouldn't need
lubing.  Could water be laying somewhere and not draining.
Any suggestions as to what the problem might be ?