Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: k6uj@pacbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:17:28 -0400
Bob, see the threaded hole at about 6:00 in the picture? That is there so
you can screw in one of the grease fittings we have been talking about
recently.  Then you can inject all the grease you want.

These type bearings are readily available on Ebay from $30 to $60. There
are both 2 hole and 4 hole mountings available.

Like Stan, I have used them for years with very heavy loads and they hold
up quite well. The only real problem seen is after a few years the grease
hardens and can jam the works up enough to stall a rotator. An annual grease
refreshment would prevent that.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/17/2015 3:12:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,