Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Ends of Phillystran HPTG-1200

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Ends of Phillystran HPTG-1200
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 00:52:14 -0400
They are inexpensive caps about an inch long apparently of the same material as the Phillystran jacket. I give then a shot of Silastic RTV (TM0and install with a twisting motion that leaves a small ridge at the end of the cap. I advise waiting for the material to cure before installing the Phillystran, although rain will speed the cure. Just keep it out of the Phillystran. I've had some up over 10 years and they are like new

73

Roger (K8RI)