Re: [TowerTalk] Multiple HB9CV on a shared boom

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>, Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multiple HB9CV on a shared boom
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:30:25 +0000 (UTC)
      From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
 To: r_bakalov@yahoo.com
 Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:49 AM

Hi Rudy,
I have no experience with your suggested multiband HB9CV but I built several
single band versions. I am very interested how this will work out for you as
the HB9CV, to me, appears to be the best gain/material factor antenna. i never
even thought of a multiband version.
My first thought,reading your mail, is that you should not use regular coax
cables for the phasing line as the dielectric will change the phase angle,
something that might be detrimental to the gain and F/B ratio. It might not
even be necessary to shield the different phase line from each other.
Please keep me posted.
Best 73 de
Hans - N2JFS