Re: [TowerTalk] Worm Gears

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Worm Gears
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:52:00 -0700

On 6/30/2015 3:52 PM, Robert Harmon wrote:
I dont want sabotage our worm gear discussion but wanted to throw in a
question about gear lube for a worm gear box.    I am going to change the gear
oil in my US tower
box.  It is a Hub City worm gear.  Thinking of using a Mobil 1 Synthetic gear
lube,  a PAG type.
Dont ask me what the PAG means but Hub City recomends a PAG synthetic.  Any one
used a
synthetic ?

Bob
K6UJ

Mobil 1 LS comes in 75W90 and 75W140.  Which is correct
for Hub City?  Is 1 quart enough for a gear box?

Rick N6RK