To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "lists@subich.com" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 151, Issue 6
From: K2CB <k2cb@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:21:29 -0400
Joe,

Good point on the two switches wired in series being an issue once the tower
reaches one of the limit points. In over thinking things, that fact slipped my
mind.

While the use of a 4PDT switch to include the switching of the hot lead would
not be a bad idea safety wise, it still would not solve the issue if the
neutral contacts shorted during actual operation, as in my case. The overall
switch would still be in the on position while moving the tower.

At least the motor would not buzz when the switch is returned to the off
position if one set of contacts failed. But then again, that could be a bad
thing, because then you would not know if there it was a failure with one of
the other pole's contact set.

I guess the best solution is just to do periodic testing, and hope it does not
fail in the wrong circumstance!

Eric
K2CB