[TowerTalk] Base stubs for old AX-series tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Base stubs for old AX-series tower
From: Roger Cox <rgcox2@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 19:18:37 -0400
I have 5 sections of an old Rohn AX-series self supporting tower. I am thinking about using 3 of the larger sections for a short EME tower. I tried to check with Criticaltowers.com to see if any of the BX-series stubs would work. Basically they told me that they had no parts for the old AX-series towers and never had any at any time. Unless I find useable stubs, I am planning to just bury one of the larger tower sections in 4 feet of concrete and stack 2 sections above it. I am also making my own top plate from 1/4 inch thick 6061-T6 and will use a GS-065 thrust bearing on top. The top section has a useable rotor plate about 56 inches down from the top.

If anyone knows where to find AX base stubs, please let me know. Thanks!

73 Roger W8IO (ex-WB0DGF)
Spring Lake, MI