Re: [TowerTalk] Freight charges when shipping towers

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Freight charges when shipping towers
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 07:13:17 +0000 (UTC)
I've also used uship. For those not aware, it's like ebay except, the bids go
DOWN. Also, you're not required to accept any bids. I used it to connect with a
semi-retired fellow with a light pickup and a small equipment trailer to haul
my UST TX472 about 1000 miles. The bill was about $1/mile.
As with any shipper, loading and unloading is done by someone else. In my case,
the seller had access to a fork lift. I did not, and instead had a local auto
towing company setup to drop it in my front yard. I had the hauler inform me
when he was as far out as the towing company needed for lead time. As it turned
out, the wait was only a few minutes.  I then used a pair of homebrew "trucks"
to move the tower into my back yard, and later, move the tower into place when
the base was ready.
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRChttp://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower