Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 Rotor + Polyphaser Rotator Protector Issue

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 Rotor + Polyphaser Rotator Protector Issue
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 06:26:34 -0500
The Polyphaser just has MOVs inside.  Did you purchase it new. MOVs
degrade over use and often fail shorted.  You can check for continuity to
ground with an ohm meter, there should be none.  You can also open the
back and look for obvious failures.  If the protector still looks good and
you have it wired correctly you can run the rotator and check to see that
the voltage is present at the terminals.

John KK9A