Re: [TowerTalk] soldering station

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] soldering station
From: k2cb@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:13:51 +0000 (UTC)
Mike,

I guess I need to bite my tongue!  Glad to hear that they are still around.  I
used to pass their factory quite often, as my wife's family used to live around
the block.

The one I had was called the Therm-O-Trac 1002, I believe. At one time, (after
my friend became SK), there was an older ham that worked there, and if you
knocked on the door and asked for him by name, he would sell you whatever you
needed at a "ham friendly" discount.  I actually went there a few times to
buy tips and parts.  He even gave me a tour of the plant once. Nice guy. I
can't recall his name, however.  It is nice to know that there is still
something being made in the USA!

Eric
K2CB