Re: [TowerTalk] Slobering Irons

To: "<towertalk@contesting.com>" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slobering Irons
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:05:20 -0700
Bryan,

You missed the point completely.
I also object to your calling the Weller "crap".    Really uncalled for.   No
need to call anything crap, that is the issue.
We use Weller PS1100C Super Pro's out on the jobs for portable use.   They are
excellent butane portable soldering irons
that take a lot of abuse.  When up on a tower soldering connectors they are
great.  We have used quite a few other
butane soldering irons but the Weller holds up the best.
Depending on the connector soldering job, some type/brands are better suited to
the task.
But none of them deserve to be called crap.

I also find your drawing a comparison with sexual innuendos offensive.

Bob
K6UJ

One of my favorite soldering tools is theWeller PS1100C Super-Pro

You would do well to think about the