Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding connections and foundation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower grounding connections and foundation
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 09:11:48 -0500
I have downloaded and am working my way trough a lot of tech notes on lightning protection furnished for free by Polyphaser. (Got the link here on TT) I will also read TIA-222-G and then I will do what seems to make sense and to be in the spirit of these documents if not exactly to the letter of any source of guidance.

I am not subject to permit or inspection, mechanical or electrical, and not under Government regulation until or unless I put up something tall enough to fall under FAA interest/regulation. (not likely as I am over 20 miles to an airport.)

I appreciate all the responses I have received but find the supplied guidance to conflict (was that a surprise?) so will try for the most protection for the buck as guided by the above written materials and other trusted sources.

I won't give you advice on what to do but I will share with you what the
TIA-222-G code says about grounding.  Generally TIA-222-G is the governing
code, not NEC.*

Thanks again to all who replied. Patrick NJ5G