Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Porcupines?

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "towertalk@contesting. com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Static Discharge Porcupines?
From: kc4pe <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 16:14:47 -0400
I use them, have for over 20 years ...how effect are they I don't know, BUT when the clouds are low, very dark and you can taste the ozone, and the hair on your arms stands up...the porcupines put on a show similar to kids with the 4th of July sparklers...all my towers are between 80 and 140 feet, as to the effect on lower towers, BUT also the towers are grounds with multi rods in open face feeding pits, ...a quarterly dose of gypsum and Rock salt ....again as to the effect and protection, I do not know, but the home 200 meters away was hit and blew an 8 foot hole in the roof, another house 1000 meter away was hit and burned ... Also on the typical Ham towers I have SS jumpers across each joint to enhance the conductivity.
See some of it..
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm

-Bill .... KC4PE